Monday, January 1, 2007

New Year?

well, nothing like starting a new year with something new? hmmm... what to say? how about... a new blog? what to write in this blog? i have nooooo idea.

i was toying with the idea for quite some time and maybe now's the time to do so... a new blog, something to work on online if i have nothing else to do but write senseless rantings and thoughts of a troubled mind. first of all, it took me more than 20 minutes just to register to blogger yearrg! thanks to that rather large quake that rocked taiwan a few days ago, my internet connection is slower (how can i make slower uh... slower? UBER slow?) than usual. even cnn's headline regarding that, "taiwan quake sends the philippines to pre-internet days" made me laugh. back to the 1980's?

whew! maybe this year a miracle will happen and i'll get to have dsl (choir singing!). just thinking of the fast connection makes me grin. why? imagine what one can do with that speed? let's cruise the information superhighway, shall we?... whoops let's make a pitstop at isohunt.com. checking the new releases will surely occupy most of my freedom. it's kinda funny, now that i can afford dsl, guess what, there's no dsl connection here... back to the OLD dsl, (dialup sa landline) as my friend used to say. a whopping 31.2 kbps all to myself, very sarcastic. maybe a few prayers to the bandwidth god will boost up my speed, in my dreams.

i'm slightly stuffed right now, since i have been pigging out on the spag that we made this afternoon. it's digestion time, and maybe when there's cleared space in there, i'll help myself to some cake. there's nothing like pigging out on new year's eve. they say, that whatever you do on new year's eve, you'll be doing for the whole year. i guess i'll be eating spag, making blog entries and racking my brains on converting four php functions to visual basic then. the latter makes me wonder, are you still sane? quoting my mentor at work, he says, "you can do it, dude", and "take it slow, relax" and when i couldn't take it anymore he says "try doing a back dive" haha.

firefox 2.0 has a neat spell checking feature, i just noticed that it underlines "i'll", hmmm why? ooh... interesting, it allows "I'll" but not "i'll". ok i'm getting sidetracked! these issues on grammar and spell checks made me remember something, and i'm grinning right now. press f7 please!

i was watching episode iii: revenge of the sith's back to back premier on star movies a while ago, and just when the good part was about to start, obi wan kenobi's duel with the now twisted anakin skywalker, "only the sith rule in..." pffttt... brownout! whoopeedoo, the electric company decided to go a.w.o.l. on their services. looks like a BIG tree branch fell on a power line, again. that's their alibi. how about fixing the problem so i could finish watching the swish, swoosh and wungs or watever sounds light sabers make in action? as if i haven't watched episode iii for more than a dozen times already, which reminds me, where's my pirated vcd copy arrr...

this new year, i have quite a few resolutions... whoops, i made myself raise an eyebrow, resolutions you say? hahaha. it's been a good year, and the torrent trackers and seeders (pause, seeders... hahaha) have been very nice. all those downloads have made my hard drive cluttered will all kinds of stuff, so one of them will be to "arrange" my files and place them in proper order. this goes double for my .mp3's. all must follow the artist - album - track number leading zero - song title format. the artists have been busy releasing new albums... thanks for the freebies harharhar, viva la torrents!

here's another resolution, save up some cash (which is slightly difficult if one doesn't have something to start saving with) for my 14" aro, loft. he's been growing fast since i first got him last april. nothing like feeding your fish live lizards, super worms and chicken hearts to fatten him up. he's with my ornate dragon fin, kraken, ironic name since he's a wee bit smaller than what his name signifies. a nice 48" x 18" x 18" tank will give them both more living space.

something tells me that this is going to take some time, i've got like 23 years worth of blog entries still waiting to be posted hahaha.

looking back at what i've posted, i say to myself, i should have done this a loooooong time ago, or maybe this post is something that's been inside my head, that i wanted to get out. i'll save some thoughts for the next entries so they won't be bare, and that's just with my head. in my heart, there's something else...

it's three a.m. so maybe this is the part where i say, i'm getting sleepy, and i have a lot of code to finish so carpe noctem for now. (post says 7pm? i forgot to change the timezone)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

everythings going to be okay.. :D >:D<

Anonymous said...

let's all cross our fingers and toes shall we?