Sunday, January 7, 2007

Very amusing

i find the idea of teaching at my age quite interesting. first of all, it's a fun experience, and i only do it on weekends and second, (wait i think this should be the first) it's a chance to scrounge up some extra cash (sound of cash register opening!). fortunately there isn't any age gap issues because i'm three years older than my students. there isn't, is there? the only issue i can see is their course is not uh, very "technical". i find it a challenge though slightly hard to let them relate to the scripting and coding lessons taken up in class but we're getting somewhere.

funny, since some people have the idea that teachers are supposed to be old. i'm sure there are a lot of "battle hardened" veterans out there of whose wisdom we could all benefit from, but this is the new generation. there are a lot of up and coming educators that are rookies, but can also share their knowledge to their students. here's another funny thing, yesterday the new work student at the office wouldn't give me the keys to the lab because only teachers are allowed to get them. wahhh i had enjoyed the effort of convincing her that i was the teacher.


flashback! hmm, 2 years back i remember someone told me, "i'd like it if you grew your hair long again". oh well i did, unfortunately she'll never get to see her wish anyway, so i got a haircut and parted with my long black beauties. i didn't like the idea of hearing people say "you have longer hair than some of your students" and "how do you expect students to follow the dress code if you don't". ahhh fudge them, dress code schmess code, it's according to students' academic capability, not the clothes their wear?! this is the sad truth that some educators fail to heed. well, this is the point that i stop griping about this dress code issue and continue on with my post. hopefully the work student will give me the keys without any more complications next week.

it's goodbye ponytail and hello hair gel for me. time to get creative and mess up my hair haha. you might say i'm obsessed with my hair, since i have a hair care budget. it's been a year and a half since i last used gel, and i found out the gel i always used have changed it's name two times already(weird!). maybe for old times' sake i'll treat myself to some finesse hair care stuff... (very weird). i'm sure this move will make the hair god smile down on me. bless you, for you have purchased hair care goodies!

this just hit me, this is the first post i've done at 9pm, since most of them i did in the wee hours of the morning. ok just i'm bored, but shouldn't i be tweaking with my pet project at work? maybe in a while, the manaña habit is kicking again, thanks to my spanish ancestors. the good this is i got it working last friday, so i'll just have to iron out some bugs later. squish!

still bored...

yawn...

i look up the ceiling and see my "you should be working" sign, ah fudge it. i'm going outside to feed loft and kraken, to kill time. maybe i'll get entertained watching them feed and swim around. time to whip up another batch of super worms from the feeds box then.

saying out loud "i'm bored!" didn't help either. unfortunately my mum was passing by my room and heard me blurt that out, so she came in my room and said "bored? the dishes are waiting at the sink to entertain you" noooo! oh well it's off to the kitchen for me, i think i'll take my iriver with me so i can clean the dishes with the aura of l'amme immortelle's music in my head.

lesson learned for this evening: when you're bored, idle or whatever, keep it to yourself. lazy!

carpe noctem!

No comments: